10 questions for AIntrepreneurs
So, you are a technologist, data scientist or health professional who wants to be the founder of an AI company i.e an AIntrepreneur?
An AIntrepreneur is someone who pursues opportunities in healthcare AI under VUCA conditions with the goal of creating user or stakeholder defined value through the deployment of innovation using a VAST business model.
If so, you will need to overcome some hurdles at four different levels of the healthcare AI value chain-personal, company, consumer or end-user and the sick care ecosystem of systems. The first step is to find the answers to some basic questions:
- Do you understand the definition and goals of physician entrepreneurship?
- Do you have the requisite entrepreneurial knowledge, skills, attitudes and competencies to be successful? Do you know why your startup will fail? Do you know why non-sickcare entrepreneurs fail?
- Do you understand the people part of AI?
5. Do you understand their problem and the pain it is causing?
6. Are your underlying business model canvas hypotheses valid?
Digital health entrepreneurship and AIntrepreneurship, specifically, requires a multilevel approach to solve problems that are unique to the sickcare system of systems. Start by answering the above questions to judge whether you are prepared to take the journey.